Hi and welcome.
Body Sync Group Pty Ltd (BSG) is a small Australian company with several businesses and brands. Originally founded in Brisbane, BSG relocated to Rockhampton in 2010 where it remains to the present day.
It has had or currently has interests in health and beauty, fitness and sport, cycling, marketing, signwriting, graphic design, websites and SEO, virtual reality, gaming content, and AI.
If you would like to know more about our history and specialised services, you can view the timeline below.
Please direct all communications through Reef Studios. Thank you.
Body Sync Group Pty Ltd,
Unit 2, 250 Musgrave Street,
BERSERKER 4701, QLD, Australia
Phone: +61 7 4926 7778
Body Sync Group Timeline
- 2001 to 2005 (pre-incorporation)
- Open Body Synch Massage & Lifestyle, Tarragindi.
- Open satellite clinic - All Lines Allied Health, Moorooka.
- Rebrand to Body Sync as men's waxing introduced.
- Commence mobile massage upmarket Brisbane CBD hotels.
- New IT division, Keppel Net offers domain, hosting and SEO.
- New wholesale salon supply division, Angel Beach Wholesale.
- Major sponsor 2003 Brisbane Pride Festival.
- Obtain Australian Registered Trademark for Body Sync.
- Commence mobile IPL clinic to Rockhampton and Yeppoon.
- 2006 to 2007
- Open first Body Sync shopfront at High Street, Toowong.
- Keppel Net expands into signwriting.
- Commence mobile IPL clinic to Springfield Lakes.
- Keppel Net enters virtual world sector. Spawns Irukandji Virtual Worlds (IVW) on Second Life aimed at the US market.
- New Body Sync branch opens at Logan Road, Mt Gravatt.
- IVW overtakes Telstra and ABC as Australia's largest virtual world.
- New Body Sync branch opens in George Street, Brisbane City.
- IVW spawns Xay Tomsen Creations to create gaming content.
- Angel Beach and Keppel Net move to Mt Gravatt.
- Body Sync and IVW start cross-promoting. Body Sync opens a virtual store on Tamita Island, while avatars and landscapes from IVW are used in Body Sync's marketing.
- New Body Sync branch opens at Sandgate Road, Clayfield.
- Keppel Net spawns Emu Signs as its signwriting division.
- IVW becomes the largest virtual land developer in the southern hemisphere, and second largest in the world.
- New Body Sync branch opens at Gold Coast Hwy, Labrador.
- Company relocates to Southport.
- Laser price wars in Sydney begin to impact Brisbane.
- GFC decimates US economy. IVW customers abandon their virtual land to save their real homes.
- Open Keppel Net branch at Southport.
- Relocate Brisbane City branch to New Farm.
- Staff shortage due to mining boom exacerbates impacts of GFC and laser wars. Further expansion of Body Sync in SEQ unviable.
- Decision made to follow the mining boom and move the company to Central Queensland. Body Sync brand changes to Reef Beauty ahead of northern relocation.
- 2010 to 2013
- Open Rockhampton Reef Beauty branch at Berserker.
- Close last simulator in Second Life. IVW operations put on hold.
- Close under-performing Body Sync store at New Farm.
- Rebrand remaining Brisbane stores Reef Beauty.
- Keppel Net at Southport relocates to Berserker.
- Company and head office relocate to Yeppoon.
- Reef Beauty branches close at Clayfield and Labrador.
- Reef Beauty at Toowong rebranded Body Sync under licence.
- Reef Beauty branch at Mt Gravatt relocates to Tarragindi.
- Reopen IVW on the InWorldz virtual world platform.
- 2014 to 2016
- IVW spawns IruMoto Script Factory to begin writing commercially available code to fill the void in Open Simulator worlds.
- Closed Tarragindi, the last remaining location in Brisbane.
- Cyclone Marcia demolishes office at Yeppoon. Company and all subsidiaries relocate to Reef Beauty at Berserker.
- Pre-empting the collapse of InWorldz, IVW moves to DigiWorldz.
- 2017 to 2021
- XTC extends its online presence to the hypergrid via Kitely Market.
- Cycle CQ, a cycling platform and forum, launches online.
- XTC launches new brand Iconic, to create and sell animations.
- Reef Beauty rebrands to Reef Studios to better serve as an umbrella brand for its diverse range of services.
- With web domain and hosting markets saturated, Keppel Net de-brands. Existing services now provided by Reef Studios.
- XTC begins creating content for The Sims 4 and Cities: Skylines. New AndrewT2020 brand and website launched to cover all things virtual and gaming related.
- 2022 to present
- Recommence small scale manufacture of old Angel Beach skincare products under the Reef brand.
- Launch new website This Happy Planet to consolidate several old websites and expand further.
- Diode Laser cutter purchased to expand signwriting capabilities.
- IVW expands DigiWorldz footprint to create studio space for its YouTube channel and AI productions.
- Cycle CQ begins providing Mountain Bike Coaching.
- Several new services added to the Reef Studios beauty line-up.
- Reef Studios and Cycle CQ formalise joint sponsorship of Rockhampton Mountain Bike Club.
- New generative-AI men's e-publication launched called The Male Condition.
- Cycle CQ undergoes makeover in order to capture global audience.
The company remains based in Rockhampton, and well into its second decade, is still going strong. Over the coming half decade, we envisage the business focus continuing to steer heavily towards digital services.
The original Body Sync brand still features prominently in Reef's marketing as a sentimental nod to history, and naturally, as the name of this, its parent company.